Honoring Economic Developers Who Exemplify the Spirit of IAMC
Award Criteria: The Mary Jo Hanover Award honors economic developers who exemplify the spirit of IAMC. Award winners:
- Are stalwart ambassadors for IAMC.
- Uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity in their profession.
- Strongly believe in giving back to their industry.
- Work to make this world a better place.
- Are mentors within the profession.
To nominate a service provider, scroll down or e-mail email@example.com.
Mary Jo Hanover Award Winners
- James Alexander, St. Louis Regional Chamber (2013)
- Jennifer Lantz, Wilson Economic Development Council (2014)
- Gary Tonjes, Albuquerque Economic Development Inc. (2015)
- Jeff Edwards, Economic Development Corp. of Utah (2016)
- Patricia Horvatich, Pittsburgh Regional Alliance (2017)
Mary Jo Hanover — In Memoriam
Mary Josephine Emmanuel Hanover (1952-2012) was a professional trail blazer, a beloved wife and mother, and a steadfast ambassador for IAMC. Hanover was a positive force: thoughtful, kind and vibrant. She was a friend and an inspiration to those who knew her.
Hanover was actively involved in IAMC. She was an IAMC sponsor and a member of the Recruiters Club. She participated on the Member Relations Committee, co-chaired the Associate Advisory Committee, and served as an ambassador to new members.
Hanover is survived by her husband Dennis; daughter Erin Hanover Lloyd and her husband Jonathan; sons Cameron and Peter; father and mother Patrick and Olivia Emmanuel; siblings Deborah Emmanuel, Barbara Emmanuel and her husband Berndt Griner, Patrick Emmanuel Jr. and his wife Christine, Robert Emmanuel and his wife Karen, Stephen Emmanuel and his wife Susan, and John Emmanuel and his wife Patricia; and nine nieces and nephews.