||Registration Check-in/ Complimentary To-Go Breakfast
||Bus Departs Hotel
||VSP Project Starts
||Lunch at Hotel in the Mermaid B Room
Harvester's - The Community Food Network
Harvesters’ mission is to feed hungry people today and work to end hunger tomorrow.
We are a regional food bank serving a 26-county area of northwestern Missouri and northeastern Kansas. Harvesters provides food and related household products to more than 760 nonprofit agencies including emergency food pantries, community kitchens, homeless shelters, children’s homes and others. We also offer education programs to increase community awareness of hunger and teach about good nutrition.
The Volunteer Engagement Center is a vital part of Harvesters’ mission to feed hungry people today and work to end hunger tomorrow. In this area, volunteers sort and repack food, which assists Harvesters in feeding more than 141,500 people each month.
- Sorting and boxing nonperishable food
- Packing fresh produce
- Sorting and boxing bread
- Repacking ready-to-eat food and bulk products - may include refridgerated or meat products
- Packing BackSnack
Please note the following requirements:
- Masks are required. Everyone is expected to wear the mask in a manner that fully covers your nose and mouth.
- Long pants and close toe shoes are required.
- Some activities may require hair nets and other safety garments.
COVID-19 Volunteer Safety Updates
Harvesters' Mask Policy as of July 29, 2021. Based on current guidance from the CDC, Harvesters has implemented the following mask policy:
Masks are required for everyone inside our Kansas City and Topeka buildings. This includes people who have been vaccinated for COVID-19.